Established in 1992, Diamond Gallery has been a cornerstone in Winnipeg’s jewellery scene for over 30 years. As a signatory committed to ethical practices, they’re not just a business but a part of our community’s sustainable future.
At the Diamond Gallery, we believe local business can have an impact on global issues. Since we opened in 1992, we have been designing Diamond Gallery™ branded and proudly Canadian crafted jewellery. Corporate responsibility is a significant part of our business, and we have undertaken a leadership role towards effectuating innovative and positive changes in our industry for over 30 years.
Human Rights, Environmental, and Corporate Sustainability
- Our Diamond Gallery™ designs are made of 95% recycled gold and platinum
- Most designs are handcrafted by fairly compensated, European trained, Canadian master-class craftspeople
- 2002 Commitment to human rights by being among the world’s first jewellers to source diamonds from non-conflict countries of origin
- 2002 Commitment to limit toxic gasses into the environment by eliminating rhodium plating on most rings
- 2003 Launch of Canadian mined Diamond Gallery branded diamonds and designs direct to the consumer, the only brand still in continuous use today Canadian Diamond Brands – Canadian Diamond Code of Conduct
- 2008 Introduction into our marketplace, the first 99.99% pure recycled collection of precious metal designer jewellery
- 2009 Opening of North America’s first jewellery store in a sustainable green geothermal building at www.1735corydon.ca
- 2009 ‘Green’ leasing agreements with tenants, one of the first in North America